The Chamber is delighted that you would like to host/sponsor a Chamber Mixer! Below are the guidelines and expectations for hosting a Mixer.
ALTADENA CHAMBER MIXER GUIDELINES
• The location for hosting a mixer should be able to accommodate at minimum 30 people. This can be your place of business. If it is not adequate or to your liking, you are welcome to suggest another location that meets the criteria, or co-host with another Chamber member and utilize their place of business.
• Attendance at Mixers varies however we generally plan for 30. We do ask individuals to RSVP. Attendance can include Members who are not required to pay a fee, and Non-members who are required to pay a $10 fee payable to the Chamber.
• You are strongly encouraged to invite your own customers, prospective clients, and friends to attend your hosted event. Although all non-members are assessed a fee to attend, there is no fee for your guests. Please provide a list of your guests, including employees, in advance.
• Mixers are typically scheduled on the 4th Thursday of the month from 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM.
• Be creative and provide a festive atmosphere; incorporate a theme, and/or have an ice breaker activity. And don’t forget to put out your marketing materials!
• We recommend that you provide two or three door prizes. Winners will be determined by a drawing from the business cards collected at time of entry. The drawing is usually held at approximately 6:00 PM.
• After the drawing, you will be introduced. You can then introduce any of your partners, or employees, acknowledge vendors or others who have helped create the event, and if desired share a presentation.
• You will be responsible for providing food and beverages for the attendees. If a professional caterer is used, it is recommended, but not required, that a Chamber member caterer be hired.
• Please ensure you have sufficient wastebaskets for the event as it is essential.
• At the entrance, we’ll need you to provide a table (or counter) and two chairs for Chamber Ambassadors to welcome and check-in your guests.
• We will announce your event on the Chamber website and our online Calendar, on our FaceBook page, and in email announcements to our distribution list (includes members and subscribers) several times in advance.
• You will be assigned a Chamber ambassador (or staff member) to help coordinate your event. This person will contact you a week prior to the Mixer to confirm details.
• The ambassador will arrive 15 minutes prior to the scheduled start time, place two “Chamber Event” A-frame signs outside your location and set up the check-in table.
• We will provide nametags, pens, etc.
• Additional ambassadors will welcome everyone, collect business cards, and issue nametags. The business cards will be left with you, so you will have a record of who attended.
We look forward to showcasing your business when you host your Mixer! Please feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions.
Email: [email protected]